In the past two weeks we have had two employees leave suddenly which is going to severely effect the services which we are able to provide.
Here is a summary of some of the changes you can expect, effective immediately:
- Free Workshops which are normally held every 2 weeks will be discontinued
- Involvement with Woodlands Broken Spokes Youth Program will be discontinued
- Programs running through Nanaimo Parks, Rec and Culture will be cancelled
- In shop bike repair instruction will be very limited
- Attendance at community events will not be possible
- Longer wait times for repairs
It saddens us greatly to have to put on hold and scale down everything we have been working to build over the past two years but we are left with little choice at this point.
What can you do to help? If we hope to rejuvenate our operations and continue serving you beyond this summer, we need to hire two trained bike mechanics very quickly. We are offering a wage of $15 per hour plus extended medical benefits. We would also be willing to entertain the possibility of offering paid training at a bike mechanic school to a promising and committed candidate. Please share this news within your network. If you have any suggestions we would welcome your input.
Jawn & Tyler