Our neighbours down on the China Steps, CHLY radio 101.7FM, are in the midst of their spring fund drive and could use your help. We are big fans of theirs, as you might know, as we almost always have them tuned in on the radio in the shop.
As a not-for-profit society, Radio Malaspina brings listeners independent programming free of the influences of corporately driven profits. Some of our funding comes from the students at VIU’s Nanaimo campus, and some from advertising for local businesses….but most of it comes from community members like you. Listeners that believe in community access to the media!
Different ways you can contribute during the 2012 Spring Fund Drive:
- Renew your membership, and pay your annual $20 membership fee
- Set up automatic monthly donations
- Renew your membership and STILL set up monthly donations
- Make a one-time donation
- Hand out our program schedule
- Suggest specific shows to your friends
- Donate some Gift Certificates or prizes
- Trade or donate a service
- Strike a cheap advertising deal (you don’t even need to own a business!)
- Bring the volunteers some treats
- Sign up for a little weekly job
All you have to do:
- Decide this media is too important to lose, and decide what you can afford
- Call 1-855-740-1017
- Chat for a minute
- Then pay online or come downtown Nanaimo and check out our studios (Just down the stairs next to Black and Blue Tattoo across from Port Place Mall. The stairs are at the end of the big parking lot)
Grand Prize Draw:
This season, The Grand Prize will be airfare and accommodations to one of the worlds biggest spectacles: Las Vegas Nevada! In the past, supporters who donate more than $40 were entered into the draw, but his time we’re facilitating the draw a little differently. To be entered, make a pledge to donate at least five bucks every month for the next 6 months. We’ve set it up so it’s done automatically! Click here to set it! The Grand Prize Draw will be announced on Friday June 1st! Don’t forget, if you want to make a one-time donation or update your membership, you’re still encouraged to.
More than a hundred programmers and volunteers are hitting the pavement to collect pledges until May. Get in touch and make a pledge. You have until June 1st to pay it
ON AIR Fundraising: May 6-12th
GRAND PRIZE DRAW: Friday June 1st