Hub City Cycles Community Cooperative values and recognizes the social and cultural diversity in which it operates and seeks to promote equality, and respect the dignity of all members and those individuals to whom it provides services and has relations with. The Association aims to provide conditions which encourage everyone to feel safe, welcome and actively combat harassment.
Hub City Cycles Community Cooperative has a fundamental belief in the right of everyone to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of:
- disability/learning difficulties
- ethnic origin
- marital/civil partnership status or domestic responsibilities
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
- socio-economic background
- health (including mental health)
Everyone has a responsibility to give full and active support for the policy by ensuring:
- The policy is known, understood and implemented
- Their behaviour at all times takes into account the sensibilities of others
- Everyone is treated with respect and dignity
- Behaviour not in accord with the equality policy is challenged
All employees and worker members are responsible for:
- Promotion of equal opportunities in their instruction and through relations with customers (who may or may not be co-op members), fellow employees, worker members, and members of the wider community
- Ensuring that materials used in teaching are relevant and accessible to a diverse range of student, which also meets their specific needs and are free from sexist, racist and other discriminatory assumptions
In The Shop
This is a drug and alcohol free zone during business hours. Please do not enter the premises if you are under the influence of or, are in possession of any of these substances.
Please ensure you have read, understand and follow all of the policies regarding shop usage below.
- Before performing any work, sign in, and if it is your first time using the shop space, ensure you are given an orientation.
- Your safety is the first priority. Take the proper safety precautions. Please think twice about engaging in any activities that you, other members or workers might think is unsafe.
- Ask for help if you are unsure about anything, have any questions, or need assistance. That’s what we’re here for.
- Leave the space cleaner than when you arrived and put everything back where you got it from.
- If you lose or damage property of the shop during the course of your time please let us know. Users are responsible for the repercussions of improper use of tools and other shop property which can cause damage or loss.
- Log the use of all parts and accessories.